Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Two Best Ways to Start Your Summer

Imagine the entire ocean. It's vast. It's huge. It's got a lot of water. Now imagine that the entire ocean represents all the attainable, knowable knowledge there is. How much of that knowledge do you know? After considering all the history, statistics, facts, equations, trivia, lives, names, laws and other knowledge that's available, I've come to the conclusion that my knowledge would amount to about a drop.

These past few weeks I've learned a lot. A ton. But the more I learn, the more I realize exactly how little I know. Still, these past weeks have been life-changing for me. I can't even begin to describe how incredible this past month has been... but I'm gonna try.

Three words: TeenPact National Convention 2011. (Or is that four words?) First of all, let me just say that if you've never been to a TeenPact state class, you are missing out on one of the greatest experiences of your life. Check it out. National Convention is a whole week spent on focusing on God with teens from around the nation. Imagine worshipping God with 500 other people, having a quiet time in the middle of His creation, participating in a national ultimate Frisbee tournament, watching TeenPact's election campaigns... not to mention hearing amazing speakers like John Stonestreet and Brett Harris!!!  At National Convention, I was encouraged, strengthened, and challenged in the Lord. I'm already looking forward to next year! 



Next on my life-altering list is Worldview Academy. Again, if you haven't been to or heard of Worldview, you must check it out! I can sincerely say that it was one of the best weeks of my life. Worldview Academy is not your average camp. For most of each day there I was being lectured on subjects concerning worldview, apologetics, evangelism, and leadership. Of course there was still ultimate Frisbee, small group games, team competitions and worship. And it all adds up to equal the ultimate camp experience. But it was more than an experience; Worldview Academy was a launching pad.

Think Hard Think Well

So you see, I've learned a lot, but this new knowledge has given me the desire to continue to learn and to press on in my search for Truth.

God is so good. There is no better way to start summer. I can't wait to learn.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee!!! You're leaving me a comment! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and share your thoughts. I LOVE hearing from you!