- Engaging the culture is more than just having intellectual conversations, it's about loving others.
- I often assume that people aren't interested in spiritual things. But they are; and if Christians don't engage them, they will be taken captive by the world's spiritual ideas.
- What you fear is what you will worship.
- Courage is fear in it's proper perspective: fearing God more than men.
- I should never accept the label "rebel," because I am always under the authority of God.
- Truth is Truth, regardless of how one perceives it.
- The five pillars of leadership are meekness, integrity, vision, attitude, and empowerment.
- We do not argue anyone into the kingdom, but we are called to give a defense of our faith.
- The gospel is a conversation, not a presentation.
- Jesus wasn't "nice," but He was truthful and loving.
- I have more influence on people than I ever imagined.
- I can turn what is common in culture into pulpits to proclaim Truth.
- Movies are the teaching tools of our culture.
- God did not invent relationships; He IS relationships. So when we cultivate a relationship with God, we are joining Him in who He is.
- I do not think critically enough.
Saturday, June 30, 2012
a small snippet
This is just a glimpse of what I took away from Worldview Academy....