Monday, October 24, 2011

Just a Simple Man


I can't see God's future plan for my life. I don't know what's ahead.
And that's okay.

Because it's not about me.
Because it's not about my significance.
Because it's not about my qualifications.
Because it's not about my inadequacies.
Because it's not about me.

My life is just a tiny piece in the larger scope of God's plan. And it's God's plan. I don't want to get caught up in the tiny picture of my life (with all its decisions, choices and troubles); I want to see the bigger picture of God's plan, where I merely play a small role.

Maybe you all haven't noticed from the themes of my recent posts, but I've really been struggling with some decisions in my life that seem really big right now (i.e. college). It's called "there's-a-bunch-of-options-and-I-don't-know-which-one-God-wants-me-to-chose." (And it doesn't help that I am naturally an indecisive person.)

Anyway, this Brandon Heath song has been on constant replay on my ipod. I kid you not, there are some days where I play it up to 30 times. At least. Serious. It's been such an encouraging reminder that God is sovereign and has my life all panned out... not to mention that it's just a catchy song. =)

So take a few minutes, and be blessed:




I'm just a simple man
A little part of a bigger plan
Everything that gives me worth, God, it's you
So take the rest of me
Cause you got the best of me
Everything good in me comes from you

.



2 comments:

  1. brandon heath is my soul mate♥

    so of course i love that song:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just dropping in to see what God is doing in your life.
    At least it sounds like your pointed in the right direction. Seeking Gods guidance.
    It's not about us, it's about God and His plan for us with other people. We're here for other people.
    I'm digesting 2 Peter 1, you'd be blessed to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yippee!!! You're leaving me a comment! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and share your thoughts. I LOVE hearing from you!