Saturday, March 17, 2012

Link Up! 3/17/12

How to Use the Internet - This is an interesting video and website about how to use the internet to its fullest potential. Something I could definitely benefit from!

The Hunger Games - I recently posted about this series, and I found this to be an interesting review as I sort out my feelings about the books.

Kony 2012 - Surely you've seen the Kony video by now. The video has had a staggering viral impact. But when I first saw all the links on facebook and tweets on twitter, my first response was, why all of this urgency now? All of a sudden, this 30 minute video gone viral transformed all of these social networkers to "social activists."

I found Tim Challies' article on it to be an interesting analysis when he stated, "This is a campaign designed to take advantage of the power of social media. . . .Social media campaigns tend to be dependent on one thing more than any other: speed. Do not think about it, just do it! Don’t get the facts, don’t wait a few days to consider it, don’t ask someone who knows more—just click Tweet or Share or Post or whatever else it is that will spread the word. We’re all in this together, we need your vote, we need it now! Go! Go! Go!"


While I adamantly believe that Kony should be stopped, I would be wary of supporting campaigns or organizations that I have not researched. Personally, I would rather give my support to a distinctly Christian organization who will not only provide physical aid but also spiritual healing, as well. (This article gives some great insight too.) All that said, I believe Matt Papa summed it up best.


Senior pictures - I just have to survive until May! =)



2 comments:

Yippee!!! You're leaving me a comment! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and share your thoughts. I LOVE hearing from you!