Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Truth

In an age of moral relativism, where absolutes are seemingly non-existent, and where Truth is said to be determined by the individual, I found this quote from Joshua Harris's Dug Deep Down encouraging.

Actually, Harris quotes Wayne Grudem in his book Bible Doctrine when points out that in Jesus' prayer in John 17:17, he doesn't say, "Sanctify them in the truth; your words are true." Instead he prays, "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth."

Grudem further writes, "The difference is significant, for this statement encourages us to think of the Bible not simply as being 'true' in the sense that it conforms to some higher standard of truth, but rather to think of the Bible itself as the final standard of truth."

God. Is. Truth.

Isn't it so comforting to know that God is The final source of Truth, and not the whimsical ideas of man?

.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This is so weird -- I wrote that exact verse down in my diary last night. I looked up sanctify, and then wondered how deep truth really meant, and decided I was too tired.

    I found the verse and realized I'd never actually seen it before, even though I've READ it.

    And then I saw you'd posted on truth, and I was like, Oh yeah, sweet. And then I see you have the exact verse.

    It's a God-thing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Grudem quote! And "Dug Down Deep" was a great read =)

    ReplyDelete

Yippee!!! You're leaving me a comment! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and share your thoughts. I LOVE hearing from you!