Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vision: Where I'm Going (post #2)

Sometimes, writers get their point across by gradually and indirectly introducing their subject. Other times, writers may poetically verse their point so masterfully that the point is made through effect. I, however and in this particular instance, am going to get my point across in clear, concise, straightforward way:


You should have a vision for your life because it is very important.

(There. Now let me elaborate.)

In my last post, I talked about vision. Vision means looking beyond what is now and becomes the aspiration of what could be. For instance, Joshua and Caleb were visionaries because they saw things differently, they envisioned taking the land of Canaan as God described they would. I shall now get personal and directly ask you a question: What's your vision? Do you know where you are going? Where are you headed?

I told you vision was important. You see, without it there's not one specific goal to direct your life towards. And if your life is not directed anywhere, how do you expect to do anything significant? John Piper says it better: "The people that make a durable difference in the world are not the people who have mastered many things, but who have been mastered my one great thing." What's your thing?

Your vision might change. You might find a new vision. But having vision is what's important. Have a goal that you're reaching for. Ask yourself questions like, "Where do I see myself in one year? Five years? Ten years?"

Your vision should encompass something you're extremely passionate about AND something you're good at. Personally, I am passionate about music (writing songs on the piano and singing). It's something I've been doing nearly my whole life; and if I may say so, I feel like God has given me talent in this area to use for His glory. I have a vision to bless others with my music and glorify the Lord through it, whether by participating in my youth group's worship band, performing for others, or maybe even recording some songs. Although I don't have all the answers, I have a vision; and if God so wills, I will pursue that vision and reach my goal.

Now it's your turn to share. What's your vision? Discipling younger believers? Writing a book? Becoming a fashion designer? Starting a Bible study? Teaching English? Serving God in another country? Running for representative? Learning another language? Whatever it is, I wanna hear it! Leave a comment and share the vision God has given you! =)

P.S. I highly suggest reading John Piper's Don't Waste Your Life for more about vision.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee!!! You're leaving me a comment! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and share your thoughts. I LOVE hearing from you!