Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Free Viewing of Divided

What is the purpose of modern youth ministry in the church? Is it biblical? Is it multiplying or dividing the church? These are the questions asked in the new documentary put out by the National Center for Family Integrated Churches. For a limited time, you can watch this 50 minute film for FREE on their site: http://dividedthemovie.com/index.html

My family hooked our computer up to the TV and watched it together. It's an interesting movie. It made me think about the youth culture in a way I never had before. Though I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the information I learned from Divided, it was incredibly informative and I recommend that you take the time to watch it (while it's still free).

Trailer:

Divided Trailer from NCFIC on Vimeo.

Here's the description from their site:

"There is a crisis. Christian youth are rapidly leaving evangelical churches for the world. This well-recognized disaster has been the topic of significant discussion in recent years for both church leaders and modern new media. DIVIDED follows young Christian filmmaker Philip Leclerc on a revealing journey as he seeks answers to what has led his generation away from the church. Traveling across the country conducting research and interviewing church kids, youth ministry experts, evangelists, statisticians, social commentators, and pastors, Philip discovers the shockingly sinister roots of modern, age-segregated church programs, and the equally shocking evidence that the pattern in the Bible for training future generations is at odds with modern church practices. He also discovers a growing number of churches that are abandoning age-segregated Sunday school and youth ministry to embrace the discipleship model that God prescribes in His Word."




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee!!! You're leaving me a comment! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and share your thoughts. I LOVE hearing from you!